
日本漫畫展
Sean and Lily are chatting at the school cafeteria.
尚恩和莉莉在學校餐廳裡聊天。
cafeteria(n.)自助餐廳
Sean: Summer vacation is less than a month away.
尚恩:距離暑假只剩不到一個月了。
away(adv.)距離~多遠
Lily: Any plans for it?
莉莉:你有什麼計畫嗎?
plan(n.)活動安排
Sean: I signed up for a two-week study tour in London in August.
尚恩:我報名了八月到英國遊學兩週的遊學團。
sign up for報名~study tour遊學團
Lily: Nice! Make sure you visit the British Museum. It’s one of the must-see places there.
莉莉:不錯喔!記得要去大英博物館,那是必玩景點之一。
make sure確保must-see(adj.)必看的、必去的
Sean: I know. I checked its website the other day and found that there’s an exhibit called “The Citi Exhibition: Manga” this summer.
尚恩:我知道,我前幾天去看了大英博物館的網站,有一個叫做「Manga」的日本漫畫展。
check(v.)查看website(n.)網站exhibit(n.)展覽=exhibition
Lily: Manga? Isn’t that a term for Japanese comic books?
莉莉:Manga?那不就是指日本漫畫書的一個詞嗎?
term(n.)用語、專業術語comic book漫畫書
Sean: Exactly. This exhibit has six sections and each has a unique theme. It pretty much covers everything from the history of manga to cosplay culture.
尚恩:沒錯,這個展有六個區,每個區都有一個獨特的主題,從漫畫的歷史到動漫角色扮演文化,差不多包含了動漫的所有內容。
section(n.)區unique(adj.)獨特的theme(n.)主題history(n.)歷史
Lily: Sounds really interesting! I wish I could go there, too.
莉莉:聽起來真有趣!我真希望我也能去。
interesting(adj.)有趣的I wish I could(與現在事實相反的假設)
Sean: Don’t be sad. I’ll take lots of photos at the exhibit and buy you a nice souvenir.
尚恩:別難過,我會在會場拍很多照片,而且買個不錯的紀念品給你。
souvenir(n.)紀念品
Lily: How sweet of you! Thank you!
莉莉:你人真好,謝謝!
how adj. of sb某人多麼的~