
又辣又香
Mario and Jennie are friends. They are going to have lunch together.
馬里奧和珍妮是朋友,他們打算一起吃午餐。
Mario: Jennie, do you enjoy spicy food? I was thinking about trying out Malaysian curry for lunch.
馬里奧:珍妮,你喜歡辛辣的食物嗎?我在考慮午餐試試馬來西亞咖哩。
spicy(adj.)辛辣的spice(n.)香料try out試用、檢驗
Jennie: Spicy food isn’t usually my first choice, but I’m up for trying something new. What’s Malaysian curry like?
珍妮:辛辣的食物通常不是我的首選,但我願意嘗試新事物。馬來西亞咖哩是怎樣的?
choice(n.)選擇up for願意做、對~感興趣
Mario: It’s delicious! Malaysian curry is spicy and flavorful. They use a lot of herbs and spices like lemongrass, turmeric and coconut milk.
馬里奧:它很美味!馬來西亞咖哩又辣又香,使用了很多香草和香料,像是香茅、薑黃和椰奶。
flavorful(adj.)味濃的、美味的
Jennie: Sounds tasty. Is it very spicy?
珍妮:聽起來很好吃。會很辣嗎?
tasty(adj.)美味的taste(n.)味道、味覺
Mario: It can be, but you can always ask for less spice if you prefer.
馬里奧:有時候會很辣,但如果你不要那麼辣的話,可以跟他說。
ask for要求less(adj.)較少的prefer(v.)比較喜歡prefer A to B比較喜歡A而不是Bprefer to V.比較喜歡做~
Jennie: I’ll give it a try. Where can we get some?
珍妮:我會試試看。我們哪裡可以吃到?
give it a try嘗試~=give it a shot
Mario: There’s a Malaysian restaurant downtown. Let’s go there for lunch today!
馬里奧:市中心有一家馬來西亞餐廳。我們今天午餐去那裡吧!
downtown(adv.)在市中心
Jennie: Great idea! I look forward to trying Malaysian curry with you.
珍妮:好主意!我期待和你一起品嚐馬來西亞咖哩。
look forward to V-ing 或N.期待~
Mario: Me too! You’ll love it.
馬里奧:我也是!你會喜歡的。