
不擅長跟陌生人聊天
Ethan and Vera are friends. They are chatting.
伊森和薇拉是朋友。他們在聊天。
chat(v.)聊天
Ethan: I’m a bit nervous right now.
伊森:我現在有點緊張。
nervous(adj.)緊張的
Vera: Why is that?
薇拉:為什麼呢?
Ethan: I’m going on a business trip.
伊森:我要去出差。
go on a business trip去出差
Vera: I know. This weekend, right?
薇拉:我知道。這個週末吧?
weekend(n.)周末
Ethan: Yes, and I have to be at a dinner party. So, I have to mingle with other guests.
伊森:對,我還必須參加一個晚宴,也就是說我不得不和其他客人社交噓寒問暖一下。
dinner party晚宴、晚會mingle with sb.社交guest(n.)客人
Vera: Ah. You’re not good at making small talk with strangers.
薇拉:哦,你不擅長跟陌生人聊天。
stranger(n.)陌生人strange(adj.)奇怪的
Ethan: Exactly. Any tips for me?
伊森:沒錯。有什麼建議嗎?
tip(n.)撇步、建議
Vera: Well, just talk about something you’re comfortable with. You’ll be fine.
薇拉:嗯嗯,就聊聊你喜歡的東西。你會沒事的啦。
comfortable(adj.)舒適的、自在的
Ethan: I hope so.
伊森:希望如此。