
影集「后翼棄兵」效應
Allen and Emma are playing chess together.
艾倫和艾瑪在一起下棋。
Allen: You’re really good at playing chess. You beat me again.
艾倫:你真的很會下棋。你又打敗我了。
beat(v.)打倒、擊敗-beat
Emma: I’ve been playing chess since I was nine. Come on.
艾瑪:我從九歲起就開始下棋。拜託一下。
have been Ving現在完成進行式
Allen: Have you tried playing chess for a living?
艾倫:你想過靠下棋當工作嗎?
do sth. for a living靠…維生、為生計
Emma: I haven’t. Can I make a lot of money?
艾瑪:沒有。可以賺很多錢嗎?
make money賺錢
Allen: You can, actually. There’s a girl on Twitch who makes six figures by livestreaming chess games.
艾倫:其實可以呢。Twitch上有一個女孩透過直播西洋棋比賽賺了六位數的錢。
livestream(v., n.)直播
Emma: That’s amazing!
艾瑪:太棒了吧!
Allen: Her name is Alexandra Botez. She now has over 650,000 followers.
艾倫:她的名字叫亞歷山德拉,現在她有超過650,000的追蹤者。
Emma: I should look into that. Sounds like a good career.
艾瑪:我應該好好研究一下。聽起來不錯。
look into調查研究career(n.)事業
Allen: Yes, and chess has only become more popular since that Netflix show “The Queen’s Gambit.”
艾倫:對啊,而且自從Netflix播出「后翼棄兵」以來,西洋棋就變得越來越受歡迎了。
popular(adj.)受歡迎的