
像嬰兒臉頰的麵團
Henry and his mom are in the kitchen.
亨利和他媽媽在廚房。
Henry: Mom, what are you going to make?
亨利:媽,你要做什麼?
現在進行式=be going to+Vr.
Mom: I am going to make pizza.
媽媽:我要來做披薩。
Henry: Can I help you?
亨利:我可以幫你嗎?
help(v.)幫忙can(aux.)能、會,表達能力
Mom: Of course. But you have to wash your hands first.
媽媽:當然,但是你要先洗手。
wash(v.)沖洗
Henry goes to the kitchen sink and washes his hands.
亨利走到廚房的水槽邊洗手。
sink(n.)水槽
Mom: Now, we will mix everything in order to get the dough. Then, roll the dough with the rolling pin.
媽媽:現在,我們要混合所有的東西做成麵糰,然後用擀麵棍擀麵糰。
mix(v.)使混合in order to為了⋯dough(n.)麵團、錢(俚)roll(v.)使滾動rolling pin擀麵棍
Henry: Can I do it, please?
亨利:我可以擀麵糰嗎?
Mom: All right. Here you go.
媽媽:好,給你吧。
here you go給你,在遞東西給別人的情境下
Henry: It’s fun. The dough is so soft, like a baby’s cheek.
亨利:好好玩喔,麵團好軟,像是嬰兒的臉頰。
fun(adj.)有趣的cheek(n.)臉頰
Mom: Then, we are going to top it with tomato sauce, cheese, onion, bacon and mushrooms.
媽媽:然後,我們要在上面放番茄醬、起司、洋蔥、培根和蘑菇。
top(v.)放⋯在上面sauce(n.)醬汁mushroom(n.)蘑菇
Henry: Can I slice the onion?
亨利:我可以切洋蔥嗎?
slice(v.)切
Mom: No, you can’t. When slicing the onion, your eyes will start to burn, and tears will run down your face. But you can slice the bacon.
媽媽:不,你不行。切洋蔥時,你的眼睛會發熱,還會流眼淚,但是你可以切培根。
burn(v.)發燙、發燒
After the pizza is done, Mom puts it in the oven and bakes it for 15 minutes.
披薩做好後,媽媽把它放進烤箱烤15分鐘。
done(adj.)做完了的oven(n.)烤箱bake(v.)烘烤
Mom: Henry, we made a great team. How do you like the pizza?
媽媽:亨利,我們合作無間喔,你覺得披薩怎麼樣?
make a good (great) team合作無間
Henry: It is so good. Mom, may I have some ice cream for dessert?
亨利:超好吃的。媽,甜點我可以吃冰淇淋嗎?
may I我可以⋯,表達許可dessert(n.)甜點
Mom: OK. But only two scoops!
媽媽:好,但只能吃兩球喔!
scoop(n.)一勺、一球