
週末談心時間
Paula is calling Steve to invite him to dinner.
寶拉正在打電話給史蒂夫要邀請他來晚餐。
call(v.)打電話
Steve: Hello! Steve speaking.
史蒂夫:哈囉!我是史蒂夫。
speak(v.)說話
Paula: Hi, Steve! This is Paula! What’s up?
寶拉:嗨,史蒂夫!我是寶拉!最近如何?
what‘s up怎麼了?最近怎樣?
Steve: Hey! Not much. It’s great to hear from you! It’s been a while since we last spoke.
史蒂夫:嘿,沒什麼事!接到妳電話真好!從我們上次聊天之後已經過了一段時間了耶!
hear from接到……的電話,收到消息a while一段時間,一會兒since(conj.)自從,從……以來last(adv.)最後一次
Paula: That’s why I called you. I’d like to invite you to dinner so we can catch up.
寶拉:這就是我打電話給你的原因。我想邀請你來晚餐,我們可以聊聊近況。
why(n.)原因,為什麼would like=want想要catch up趕上
Steve: I’d love to! I have something interesting to tell you, too.
史蒂夫:我很樂意哦!我也有一些有趣的事情要告訴妳。
Paula: Then are you available on Friday night?
寶拉:那麼星期五晚上你有空嗎?
then(adv.)那麼available(adj.)有空的
Steve: Yes, but I’ll be a bit late, if you don’t mind. I have to pick my mom up at the airport.
史蒂夫:好啊,但我會晚一點,如果妳不介意的話。我必須去機場接我媽媽。
a bit稍微,有點if(conj.)假如,如果mind(v.)介意pick up接送airport(n.)機場
Paula: That’s fine. I’ll find something to do before you come over.
寶拉:那沒關係!你過來之前我會找些事情做。
come over過來
Steve: Nice! I’ll let you know when I’m almost there. I’ll bring some wine as well!
史蒂夫:很好!我快要到時再告訴妳,我也會帶一些紅酒過去。
wine(n.)紅酒as well也
Paula: Awesome! I can’t wait! See you then.
寶拉:太棒了!我等不及了!到時候見。
awesome(adj.)很好的