
喉嚨痛和流鼻涕
Kelly works at Good Health Clinic as a receptionist.
凱莉在好健康診所擔任接待員。
clinic(n.)診所receptionist(n.)接待員,reception(n.)接待、歡迎
Kelly: Hello, Good Health Clinic. May I help you?
凱莉:好健康診所,您好,我能幫您忙嗎?
May I…有禮貌地表達請求
Andrew: Hello, I want to make an appointment with Dr. Williams.
安德魯:你好,我想和威廉斯醫生約診。
make an appointment with+人=與某人預約
Kelly: OK. What is your name?
凱莉:好的,請問大名?
name(n.)姓名
Andrew: My name is Andrew Miller.
安德魯:我叫安德魯米勒。
Kelly: Have you been here before?
凱莉:您以前來過嗎?
現在完成式=has(have)+過去分詞,表示經驗
Andrew: Yes, I have seen Dr. Williams before.
安德魯:有的,我看過威廉斯醫生的診。
see-saw-seen
Kelly: Why do you want to see the doctor?
凱莉:您為什麼要看醫生呢?
Andrew: I have had a sore throat and a runny nose for three days.
安德魯:我喉嚨痛和流鼻涕三天了。
sore(adj.)疼痛發炎的,sore throat喉嚨痛runny nose流鼻涕現在完成式可表示從過去到現在持續的狀態,for+一段時間
Kelly: When would you like to see him?
凱莉:您何時想見醫生?
Andrew: About 4 o’clock this afternoon.
安德魯:今天下午大約四點鐘。
Kelly: I can get you in at 3:30. Will that work for you?
凱莉:我可以幫您約3點半,這時間您可以嗎?
work for sb.適合某人
Andrew: All right. I can be there at 3:30.
安德魯:好的,我3點半可以到那裡。
Kelly: Good. We’ll see you then.
凱莉:太好了,到時候見。
see you=goodbye=byethen(adv.)到那時
Andrew: Thanks. See you.
安德魯:謝謝你,再見。