
母親的生日訂位
Abby is calling a restaurant to make a reservation.
艾比正在打電話到餐廳訂位。
call(v.)打電話restaurant(n.)餐廳
Clerk: Hello, Deli Steak House. How may I help you?
店員:哈囉,Deli牛排館您好,我該怎麼幫您呢?
clerk(n.)店員steak(n.)牛排may(aux.)可以、能help(v.)幫忙、幫助
Abby: Hi, there! I’d like to make a reservation.
艾比:嘿!我想訂位。
I’d=I wouldwould like想要
Clerk: Certainly. When is the reservation for?
店員:當然好,您要訂什麼時候?
certainly(adv.)當然when(adv.)何時
Abby: This Saturday at 7 o’clock.
艾比:這週六,七點。
Clerk: OK, and how many of you are coming?
店員:好的,有幾位要來呢?
come(v.)來、過來
Abby: There are four of us. One is a vegetarian.
艾比:我們有四位,一位吃素。
vegetarian(n.)素食者
Clerk: That’s sorted then. Four people for 7 o’clock on Saturday. Please make sure you get here before ten past seven. If you are any later, we will have to give your table away.
店員:您的訂位已安排妥當,週六七點,四位。請確保您在七點十分之前到達這裡;若您有稍微遲到,我們則必須要把您的座位給別人了。
sort(v.)安排妥當then(adv.)那麼make sure確保get(v.)到達here(adv.)這裡、在這裡before(prep.)在…之前past(prep.)晚於、過if(conj.)如果、假如any(adv.)絲毫、稍、略later(adj.)較晚的have to必須give(v.)給table(n.)桌子give sth. away把…給人
Abby: Will do. One more thing, is it okay that we bring a cake? It’s my mom’s birthday.
艾比:會的。還有一件事,我們可以帶個蛋糕去嗎?是我媽媽生日。
more(det.)更多的thing(n.)想法、主題、事件okay(adj.)可以的、能接受的bring(v.)帶、攜帶cake(n.)蛋糕birthday(n.)生日
Clerk: Sure. We’ll put it in the fridge for you.
店員:當然,我們會幫您把蛋糕冷藏。
sure(adv.)當然put(v.)放、置fridge(n.)冰箱