
一個月左右抵達
Cynthia is at the post office mailing a postcard from the US to her friend in Taiwan.
辛西亞正在郵局從美國寄一張明信片給她在台灣的朋友。
Clerk: Hi, how can I help you?
職員:嗨,有什麼需要幫忙的嗎?
Cynthia: Hi, I would like to mail a postcard to Taiwan.
辛西亞:嗨,我想寄一張明信片到台灣。
would like to想要~
Clerk: Sure. Let me take a look at it to see if it’s the right size.
職員:好的,讓我看看它大小是否合適。
take a look 看看(某東西)size(n.)尺寸、大小
Cynthia: Alright. Here it is.
辛西亞:好的,在這裡。
Clerk: Thanks. This looks good to me. It will be one dollar fifty cents to mail it.
職員:謝謝。這大小可以。寄這張需要一塊五。
look adj.看起來~sound(v.)聽起來taste(v.)嚐起來
Cynthia: Ok. When will the postcard get there?
辛西亞:好的。這張明信片什麼時候會到那裡?
Clerk: It should arrive in Taiwan in about a month.
職員:應該會在一個月左右抵達台灣。
arrive(v.)抵達on arrival一抵達~about(adv.)大約、大概
Cynthia: Great! Thanks a lot for your help.
辛西亞:太好了!謝謝你的幫忙。
thank sb. for sth.因~而感謝對方
Clerk: You’re welcome. Have a nice day.
職員:不客氣。祝你有個愉快的一天。
Cynthia: You too! Bye.
辛西亞:你也是!再見。