
忘記關窗戶
Owen and Michelle are roommates. Owen is looking for something.
歐文和蜜雪兒是室友。歐文在找東西。
look for sth.尋找
Owen: Where are all my teaspoons?
歐文:我的茶匙呢?
teaspoon茶匙
Michelle: Check the drawer.
蜜雪兒:抽屜看看。
drawer(n.)抽屜
Owen: They are all gone. I need one for my tea.
歐文:都沒有欸。我需要一個泡茶。
be gone不見消失
Michelle: Maybe our new neighbor took them.
蜜雪兒:也許是我們的新鄰居拿走的。
Owen: Who?
歐文:誰?
Michelle: There is a magpie in our yard.
蜜雪兒:我們院子裡來了一隻喜鵲。
yard(n.)庭院
Owen: Oh! Magpies love shiny things! I should keep the spoons away from it.
歐文:哦!喜鵲喜歡閃亮的東西!我應該讓湯匙離牠遠遠的。
shiny(adj.)閃亮的、shine(v.)閃耀keep away from sth.遠離
Michelle: Just put them away once you’re done with your tea.
蜜雪兒:喝完茶就把湯匙收起來啊。
put sth. away收起來once一旦be done with sth.處理好、be done with sb.決裂
Owen: But how did it fly in our house and take the spoons?
歐文:但是喜鵲是怎麼飛到我們家來拿湯匙的呢?
fly(v.)飛行
Michelle: It’s me. I always forget to close the window.
蜜雪兒:是我啦。我老是忘記關窗戶。
close(v.)關上