
吸引大批人潮
Alice and Oliver are friends. They are chatting.
艾莉絲和奧利弗是朋友。他們正在聊天。
Alice: Hey Oliver, do you know that the famous bubble tea brand “Magic Tea” just opened a new shop in Taipei?
艾莉絲:嘿,奧利弗,你有聽說手搖飲知名品牌「茶之魔手」剛剛在台北展店了嗎?
brand(n.)品牌
Oliver: Yeah, I saw some news about it. People are lining up for hours just to get a cup!
奧利弗:是啊,我有看到一些新聞報導。人們為了買一杯茶竟然願意排隊幾個小時!
line up排隊
Alice: Exactly! Although each cup of tea is NT$5 more expensive than in Tainan, where it’s from, it’s still drawing huge crowds.
艾莉絲:確實!儘管一杯茶比台南創始地貴了5元,仍然吸引大批人潮。
draw(v.)吸引draw one’s attention吸引~的注意crowd(n.)人群、群眾crowded(adj.)擁擠的
Oliver: Wow, that’s impressive. What’s so special about the shop?
奧利弗:哇,那太厲害了吧。台北店有什麼特別之處嗎?
impressive(adj.)給人留下深刻印象的、令人難忘的impression(n.)印象leave an impression on sb.對~留下印象impress(v.)給~留下深刻印象
Alice: Well, they have this special deal of “buy 5 get 1 free” for the opening. And their drinks are supposed to be really delicious.
艾莉絲:嗯,他們開幕時推出了「買5送1」的特別優惠。而且他們的飲料應該很好喝。
be supposed to VR應該~suppose(v.)猜想
Oliver: Sounds tempting. Maybe we should give it a try sometime.
奧利弗:聽起來很誘人。也許我們應該找個時間去試試。
tempting(adj.)吸引人的sometime(adv.)某個時間some time一些時間
Alice: Definitely! But with all the long lines, I hope it’s worth the wait.
艾莉絲:好啊!但是排隊等候的時間很長,我希望等待是值得的。
worth(adj.)值得的worth(後加金額表達值得的價值)be worth V-ing~事情值得做的worthy to VR~做~是值得的
Oliver: Yeah, me too. I’ve heard they have some unique flavors, like hawthorn oolong.
奧利弗:是啊,我也希望。我聽說他們有一些獨特的口味,像是山楂烏龍。
unique(adj.)獨特的flavor(n.)口味、風味
Alice: Sounds cool. Let’s plan to check it out when the lines die down a bit.
艾莉絲:聽起來不錯。我們打算排隊人潮少一點的時候去試試吧。
check sth. out看一看=check out sth.die down人潮變少、聲音變小
Oliver: Sounds like a plan.
奧利弗:好主意。