
返鄉吃團圓飯
Today is the last workday before the Lunar New Year. Vicky and James are talking about their plans for the holidays.
今天是農曆新年前的最後一個上班日。維琪和詹姆斯正在談論他們的假期計畫。
last(adj.)最後的、上一次的late,latter,the last(順序)late,later,the latest(時間)latest(adj.)最新的holiday(n.)假日holidays長假期=the holiday seasonbe on holiday放假中
Vicky: Hi James, are you excited about the Lunar New Year?
維琪:嗨,詹姆斯,你期待農曆新年嗎?
be excited about 對~感到興奮、期待某事
James: Yeah, I am! What are your plans?
詹姆斯:對啊,我很期待!你有什麼計畫?
Vicky: I’m going to visit my family. How about you?
維琪:我打算拜訪我的家人。你呢?
visit(v.)拜訪
James: Same here. Family time is the best during the holidays.
詹姆斯:我也是。假期時和家人在一起是最棒的。
during(prep.)在⋯⋯期間
Vicky: For sure! What will you do?
維琪:當然啦!你會做什麼?
James: We usually have a big family dinner and give red envelopes. How about you?
詹姆斯:我們通常會吃豐盛的團圓飯,還有給紅包。你呢?
envelope(n.)信封
Vicky: We do the same! Also, we clean the house for good luck.
維琪:我們也是!而且,我們會打掃房子以求好運。
the same 同樣的、一樣的luck(n.)運氣spring cleaning新春大掃除visit relatives and friends拜年
James: That sounds nice. Well, have a great holiday, Vicky!
詹姆斯:聽起來很不錯。那就祝你有個愉快的假期,維琪!
Vicky: You too, James! Happy New Year!
維琪:你也一樣,詹姆斯!新年快樂!