
月搭40次以上較划算
Katy and James are friends. They are chatting.
凱蒂和詹姆士是朋友,他們正在聊天。
James: The MRT loyalty discount is on the way. The “20 percent-off-for-everyone” discount is about to be canceled.
詹姆士:捷運常客優惠要推出了,8折優惠就要被取消了。
about to V.即將要…discount(n.)折扣、優惠on sth.give sb.=offer a discount給予折扣at a 20 percent discount以…優惠價格
Katy: But we’ll still have the $1,280 monthly pass discount, right?
凱蒂:但我們還有1280月票優惠,對吧?
monthly(adj.)(adv.)每月的pass(n.)通行證、乘車證a boarding pass登機證
James: Yeah. I wonder which discount plan will be cheaper for a daily commuter like me.
詹姆士:是啊,我在想像我這樣每天通勤的人要選哪個方案比較優惠。
plan(n.)方案=programfamily plan家庭方案plan on Ving打算…cheap(adj.)便宜的=low-priced(adj.)便宜低價的expensive(adj.)貴的=pricey=costly
Katy: Let’s do the math and find out.
凱蒂:我們來算算看吧。
find out得知、查明find out the truth查明真相find out more about sth.了解更多
James: So the idea behind the loyalty discount is the more often you take the MRT, the higher the percentage of discount you’ll get.
詹姆士:常客優惠的算法是,搭乘捷運越多次數,就會有越高的折扣。
the more S. V., the more S. V.more可代換成adj.或adv.比較級
Katy: So, according to the calculation, as long as you take the MRT 40 times or more per month, it’ll cost less if you go with the loyalty discount.
凱蒂: 所以算出來的結果是,只要你一個月搭捷運40次以上,選擇常客優惠就會比較划算。
it cost sb. …花了誰多少錢cost(n.)費用、價格costs(n.)支出=spending
James: The baseline is about 30 times. Below that, and it’ll cost you more.
詹姆士:底線差不多是30次,只要低於30次反而就會比較貴。
baseline(n.)基準線below(prep.)在…之下above(prep.)在…之上above average標準之上
Katy: But the monthly pass also includes the cost of taking buses and the Danhai light rail, as well as riding YouBikes.
凱蒂: 但是月票也包含了公車、淡海輕軌、還有騎YouBike的錢。
The fee includes tax.Tax is included in the fee.The fee, including taxes, will be $80.
James: That’s true. I use YouBikes a lot.
詹姆士:確實,我蠻常騎YouBike的。
Katy: Looks like you should stick to the monthly pass.
凱蒂:看來你應該繼續用月票。
stick to遵守、保持stick to the plan照計劃進行