
一解思鄉之情
Tommy and Wendy are roommates. Tommy was home for the weekend.
湯米和溫蒂是室友。湯米週末返鄉回家。
Tommy: I’m back.
湯米:我回來了。
Wendy: How was your grandma? She must really miss you.
溫蒂:你阿嬤還好嗎?她一定很想你。
miss(v.)錯過、想念
Tommy: Of course. I haven’t been home for almost six months.
湯米:當然。我已經快六個月沒有回家了。
for+一段時間
Wendy: Is that your suitcase? Is it me or did it get bigger?
溫蒂:那是你的行李箱嗎?只有我覺得還是它真的變大了?
suitcase行李箱or caseIs it me or…只有我覺得還是
Tommy: I think my grandma packed too much food in it.
湯米:我覺得我阿嬤裝太多食物進去。
pack(v.)打包
Wendy: Let’s see. Classic grandma!
溫迪:來看看,真是經典的阿嬤作風!
classic(adj.)經典的
Tommy: I didn’t have any space for my clothes.
湯米:我根本沒有空間放衣服。
space(n.)空間=room、make some space=make some room挪出空間
Wendy: She didn’t want you to be hungry.
溫蒂:她不想讓你餓到嘛。
Tommy: Well, there’s one thing for sure. I won’t feel homesick for quite some time now.
湯米:嗯嗯,有一件事倒是很肯定,我很長一段時間都不會想家了。
homesick(adj.)思鄉的、想家的quite some time好一段時間
Wendy: That’s right. You should call her. Tell her you got here safe and sound.
溫蒂:沒錯。你應該打電話給她,告訴她你平安到這裡了。
safe and sound安然無恙