
咖啡豆成本上漲
Ron and Olivia are at Louisa Coffee. They are waiting in line to order.
榮恩和奧莉薇在路易莎咖啡。他們正在排隊等候點餐。
order(v.)訂購、訂貨、點餐(n.)點餐、訂製、訂貨
Ron: What are you having today?
榮恩:你今天想吃什麼?
Olivia: I’m thinking about bagels. What about you?
奧莉薇:我想吃貝果。你呢?
Ron: I’m yearning for a cheese pocket omelet.
榮恩:我很想吃一個起司口袋歐姆蛋。
yearn(v.)渴望、切盼、渴求
Olivia: I heard Louisa Coffee has just raised prices.
奧莉薇:我聽說路易莎咖啡才剛漲價。
Ron: Really? Have their prices gone up again?
榮恩:真的嗎?他們的價格又漲了嗎?
go up往上、上升、上漲
Olivia: Yes, they have a new menu now. Prices of their omelets, bagels, sandwiches and other light meals have risen by NT$5.
奧莉薇:是的,他們現在有一個新菜單。他們的歐姆蛋、貝果、三明治和其他輕食價格都上漲了5元。
rise(v.)增加、上漲、升高
Ron: What about their drinks?
榮恩:那他們的飲料呢?
drink(n.)飲料、酒精飲料
Olivia: The drink prices are the same.
奧莉薇:飲料的價格是一樣的。
Ron: I remember Louisa raised the price of their coffee by NT$5 before the Lunar New Year holiday.
榮恩:我記得路易莎在農曆新年假期前把咖啡的價格調漲了5元。
Olivia: Yeah. They said they had to raise prices because the costs of coffee beans were rising.
奧莉薇:是的。他們說他們不得不漲價,因為咖啡豆的成本在上漲。
cost(n.)價格、費用、成本
Ron: I guess they will have to raise the prices again if those of global raw materials and food ingredients continue to go up.
榮恩:我猜如果全球原材料和食品原料繼續上漲,他們還得再漲價。
continue(v.)繼續、持續、延續global(adj.)全球的、全世界的raw(adj.)生的、未經烹調的、原料未經加工的material(n.)材料、原料ingredient(n.)成分、材料、原料
Olivia: Probably. Well, I wish I could get a pay raise this year. If the cost of living keeps getting higher, I won’t be able to live in Taipei anymore.
奧莉薇:可能吧。好吧,我希望我今年能加薪。如果生活花費繼續上漲,我就不能再住在台北了。
raise(n.)加薪not... anymore不再……、再也不……
Ron: Maybe we should all move to the South.
榮恩:也許我們都應該搬到南部。