
不加糖也會甜
Cindy and Allen are at a supermarket.
心蒂跟艾倫在超市。
Allen: Flour, sugar and eggs. Are you going to make a cake?
艾倫:麵粉、糖跟蛋。你是要做蛋糕嗎?
flour(n.)麵粉sugar(n.)糖
Cindy: Yes, I think it will be healthier if I make it myself. That way, I can put less sugar in it.
心蒂:是啊,我在想自己做應該比較健康,這樣我可以少放點糖。
healthy(adj.)健康的,去y加ier成為比較級healthier(adj.)比較健康的
Allen: Nice. Have you heard that Lotte is going to launch a series of “zero” desserts?
艾倫:很棒,你有聽說樂天要推出一系列「zero」甜點嗎?
launch(v.)推出series(n.)系列dessert(n.)甜點
Cindy: No, I didn’t know that. Does “zero” mean zero calories?
心蒂:沒有,我不知道,「zero」是代表零卡洛里嗎?
Allen: No, that would be too perfect. “Zero” means sugar-free and lactose-free. They will have 8 different products including dark chocolate, milk chocolate, cube chocolate, salty cookies, and even ice cream!
艾倫:不是,那樣也太完美了,「zero」是代表零砂糖、零乳糖。他們會有8種不同的點心,包含有黑巧克力、牛奶巧克力、方塊巧克力、鹹餅乾甚至還有冰淇淋!
perfect(adj.)完美的lactose(n.)乳糖product(n.)產品
Cindy: I wonder how they’ll taste. I mean, they should be sweet, but they’re sugar-free.
心蒂:我在想不知道吃起來怎麼樣,我是說,這些點心應該是甜的,但又沒加糖。
wonder(v.)疑惑、想知道taste(v.)品嚐、吃起來sweet(adj.)甜的
Allen: Don’t worry. They use other ingredients to replace sugar. Reviews on the Internet say that those desserts taste as good as regular ones.
艾倫:別擔心,他們用別的原料取代糖,網路上的評論說,吃起來跟一般點心一樣。
worry(v.)擔心ingredient(n.)原料replace(v.)取代review(n.)心得taste(v.)品嚐、吃起來regular(adj.)一般的
Cindy: Sounds good. We should buy some the next time we visit Japan.
心蒂:聽起來不錯,我們下次去日本的時候可以買一些。
Allen: I think we can give it a try, too.
艾倫:我也覺得可以試試看。
give it a try嘗試