
拿錯彩卷 獨得1.5億台幣
Lucas and Linda are at a lottery shop.
盧卡斯與琳達正在一間彩券行。
Lucas: I would like to try some scratch tickets.
盧卡斯:我想要試一些刮刮樂。
would like想要scratch(n.)刮痕ticket(n.)票券
Linda: I’ll just watch you play.
琳達:我看你玩就好。
Lucas: You know what I heard? A mom in New Jersey won 5 million dollars in the lottery. The ironic part is that she didn’t even want the lottery ticket in the first place.
盧卡斯:你知道嗎?紐澤西的一位媽媽贏了樂透彩500萬美金耶!諷刺的是她一開始是不想要那張彩券的。
hear(v.)聽說,聽到New Jersey紐澤西win(v.)贏得million(n.)百萬dollar(n.)美元ironic(adj.)諷刺的in the first place起初
Linda: What do you mean?
琳達:什麼意思呢?
mean(v.)意思是
Lucas: She wanted a ticket for 1 dollar. However, the clerk charged her for a ticket for 10 dollars by mistake. She was unhappy but she still paid for it.
盧卡斯:她買了一張1美元的彩券,但是店員弄錯了給她一張10美元的彩券。她不高興但還是付錢了。
however(adv.)但是,然而clerk(n.)店員charge(v.)收by mistake錯誤地pay(n.)付錢
Linda: And she won the prize because of the ten-dollar ticket?
琳達:並且她因為這張10美元的彩券而贏得獎金?
win(v.)贏得prize(n.)獎金because of因為,由於
Lucas: Exactly. She actually used it as a bookmark for several weeks without scratching it off when she got home.
盧卡斯:沒錯!她到家時沒有刮開彩券,實際上她把彩券當作書籤使用了幾週。
exactly(adv.)非常精確地actually(adv.)事實上as(prep.)作為,當作bookmark(n.)書籤several(adj.)幾個without(prep.)沒有off(adv.)去掉get(v.)到達
Linda: That’s so interesting. I think she just bought a lottery ticket for entertainment. She didn’t expect to win.
琳達:那真有趣!我想她只是為了娛樂而去買樂透彩券,並沒有期待會中獎。
interesting(adj.)有趣的think(v.)認為buy(v.)買entertainment(n.)娛樂expect(v.)期待
Lucas: I agree. Perhaps we shouldn’t expect to win, either.
盧卡斯:我同意。也許我們也應該這樣子想。
agree(v.)同意perhaps(adv.)也許either(adv.)也(用於否定句)