
忘東忘西的代價
Catherine has lost her jacket at the train station. She is at lost and found.
凱瑟琳在火車站遺失外套,她到了失物招領處。
lose(v.)遺失jacket(n.)外套train(n.)火車station(n.)車站lost and found失物招領處
Catherine: Hello, can you help me? I’m looking for my jacket.
凱瑟琳:您好,你們能幫我嗎?我在找我的外套。
help(v.)幫助look for=find找jacket(n.)外套
Staff: Oh dear! Let’s see if we can help you find it. What does it look like?
工作人員:喔,天啊!我們看看能不能幫你找到,你的外套長什麼樣子?
help(v.)幫助find(v.)找look(v.)看起來
Catherine: It’s a brown, leather jacket.
凱瑟琳:那是一件咖啡色的皮外套。
brown(adj.)咖啡色的leather(n.)皮革jacket(n.)外套
Staff: What size is it?
工作人員:什麼尺寸?
size(n.)尺寸
Catherine: It’s a women’s small.
凱瑟琳:女版的S。
woman(n.)女性small(adj.)小的
Staff: I see. I’m afraid we don’t have any jackets like that here. Where did you last see it?
工作人員:了解,這邊恐怕沒有那樣的外套,你最後一次在哪裡看到你的外套?
I see我明白I’m afraid恐怕⋯⋯jacket(n.)外套
Catherine: I took it off while I was having a coffee at Starbucks.
凱瑟琳:我在星巴克喝咖啡的時候有把外套脫掉。
take sth off脫掉coffee(n.)咖啡
Staff: Well then, it might be at the other lost and found.
工作人員:這樣的話,可以去另個失物招領處找找。
other(determiner)其他的lost and found失物招領處
Catherine: Where is it?
凱瑟琳:在哪裡?
Staff: Near exit 1. Walk past the tourist office and turn right.
工作人員:靠近1號出口,你走過旅客中心之後右轉。
near(adv.)接近exit(n.)出口walk(v.) 走past(adv.)經過tourist(n.)觀光客office(n.)辦公室turn right右轉
Catherine: Thank you.
凱瑟琳:謝謝你。
thank(v.)感謝