
貼心的百貨公司
Connie is at the Lost-and-Found office in a department store.
康妮正在百貨公司的失物招領辦公室。
office(n.)辦公室department store百貨公司
Officer: Hello! How may I help you?
官員:哈囉!我能如何幫您呢?
may(aux.)可以
Connie: Hi, Sir. I lost my umbrella.
康妮:嗨,先生!我遺失了我的雨傘。
lose(v.)丟失,遺失umbrella(n.)雨傘
Officer: What does it look like?
官員:它長什麼樣子呢?
like(prep.)像
Connie: It’s green with some Disney characters on it.
康妮:它是綠色的,上面有一些迪士尼的角色。
character(n.)人物,角色
Officer: Do you remember where you lost it?
官員:您記得在哪裡遺失的嗎?
Connie: I probably left it in the kids’ wear department on the eighth floor.
康妮:我可能把它留在八樓的童裝部了。
probably(adv.)很可能,大概leave(v.)遺留,遺忘kids’ wear童裝department(n.)部,處eighth(adj.)第八的floor(n.)樓層
Officer: Let me check for you.
官員:讓我為您確認一下。
check(v.)檢查,得到資訊,核實
Connie: Thank you!
康妮:謝謝你!
Officer: A salesperson found it on the counter, and she will bring it here. Please wait a moment.
官員:一位銷售人員在櫃台上發現了它,並且她會把它拿來這裡。請稍等一下。
salesperson(n.)店員,銷售員counter(n.)櫃台bring(v.)拿來,帶來moment(n.)片刻,時候
Connie: No problem! You’ve really helped a lot! Thank you so much.
康妮:沒問題!你真的幫我很大的忙!非常感謝你!
problem(n.)問題really(adv.)的確,確實地