
轉念找工作
Nina and Nate are friends.
妮娜和奈特是朋友。
Nate: Hi, Nina. Why are you looking so upset?
奈特:嗨,妮娜,妳為什麼看起來很沮喪呢?
so(adv.)很、非常upset(n.)難過的、沮喪的
Nina: I’m upset because I didn’t get my year-end bonuses.
妮娜:我很沮喪是因為我沒有收到年終獎金。
because(conj.)因為end(n.)盡頭、結束bonus(n.)紅利、獎金
Nate: What? You worked really hard during the past year.
奈特:什麼?妳去年非常認真工作耶!
work(v.)工作really(adv.)很、非常hard(adv.)認真地、努力地during(prep.)在…期間past(adj.)過去的
Nina: I did, so I’m looking for a new job.
妮娜:我是啊,所以我正在找新工作。
so(conj.)因此、所以
Nate: It’s not easy to find a job now.
奈特:現在找工作不容易耶。
easy(adj.)容易的、簡單的find(v.)找到
Nina: I know. Maybe I should consider a lower position.
妮娜:我知道;也許我應該考慮更低的職位。
maybe(adv.)可能、也許should(aux.)應該consider(v.)考慮low(adj.)低的position(n.)職位、職務
Nate: Do you think it’ll be easier for you that way to get your foot in the door?
奈特:妳覺得那樣會讓妳更容易邁出第一步嗎?
way(n.)方式、方法foot(n.)腳door(n.)門
Nina: Yeah, my goal is to work in the advertising industry, but there are not many openings at the moment. So I’ve decided to apply for entry-level jobs first and see if I could work my way up the ranks. Wish me luck!
妮娜:是啊,我的目標是在廣告業工作,但目前沒有太多職缺;所以我決定先申請入門的工作,看看我是否能一步步晉升到高層;祝我好運吧!
goal(n.)目標advertising(n.)廣告業industry(n.)產業opening(n.)空缺、機會moment(n.)時刻decide(v.)決定apply(v.)申請entry-level(adj.)入門的、最底層的first(adv.)首先if(conj.)是否could(aux.)可以、能rank(n.)職位、等級wish(v.)祝福luck(n.)運氣
Nate: I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!
奈特:我會為妳祈禱的。
keep(v.)保持finger(n.)手指cross(v.)交叉