
兩小時得餵食一次
Tina and Wes are colleagues. They are chatting.
蒂娜和韋斯是同事。他們在聊天。
Wes: Do you have any plans for tonight?
韋斯:今晚有什麼安排嗎?
plan(n.)計劃、plan to do sth.
Tina: I have to go over to my sister’s place.
蒂娜:我得去我姐姐家。
go over過去place(n.)住所、地方
Wes: For dinner?
韋斯:吃晚飯?
Tina: No, to look after her kittens. Her cat just gave birth to four kittens.
蒂娜:不,去照顧小貓。她的貓剛生了四隻小貓。
give birth to生產
Wes: Wow, you have your work cut out for you.
韋斯:哇,這可是大工程呢。
have your work cut out for you艱鉅的任務等著你
Tina: Why? They are just some cute kittens.
蒂娜:為什麼?只是一些可愛的小貓。
cute(adj.)可愛的
Wes: They will wear you out for sure. You have to feed them every two hours.
韋斯:肯定會讓你筋疲力盡。大概每兩個小時得餵食一次。
wear sb. out使某人疲累=burn oneself outfeed(v.)餵食every two hours每兩小時
Tina: Oh! That does sound like a lot of work.
蒂娜:哦!聽起來確實很費工。
Wes: Well, their cute faces will be the best reward.
韋斯:嗯,但牠們可愛的臉龐就是最好的獎勵。
face(n.)臉蛋reward(n.)獎賞、獎勵
Tina: You can say that again.
蒂娜:完全同意。