
夢想實現了!
Aaron and Lily are roommates. Lily needs to ask Aaron for a favor.
亞倫和莉莉是室友。莉莉需要亞倫幫個忙。
ask sb. for a favor=ask sb. a favor請求幫忙、後者較為口語
Lily: Hey! Do you have a minute?
莉莉:嘿!能打擾你幾分鐘嗎?
Aaron: Yes. Do you mind closing the door?
亞倫:嗯嗯。你介意幫我帶上門嗎?
mind(v.)介意+Ving、有些動詞後面要加不定詞、有些則是現在分詞來做為動詞的受詞、I decide to go traveling. I enjoy traveling.
Lily: Sure. Do you know my good friend, Tracy?
莉莉:好。你知道我的好友崔西嗎?
Aaron: Yes. I remember that she keeps a giant dog.
亞倫:知道。她養了一隻大狗。
remember(v.)記得、加上名詞子句keep(v.)養、giant(adj.)巨大的
Lily: I promised her to look after her dog while she was out of town.
莉莉:我之前答應她出城時照顧她的狗。
promise sb. to RV承諾、答應out of town出城
Aaron: Okay. Then? I’d expect you to be very capable of taking care of that dog.
亞倫:好,然後呢?我以為你很會照顧狗。
expect to期待、預期be capable of doing能夠、有能力
Lily: I am. The thing is that my sister didn’t put off her wedding, so you might have to look after the dog on your own for the weekend.
莉莉:是沒錯。問題是我姐姐沒有把婚禮延期,所以可能這個周末你要獨自照顧那隻狗了。
the thing is that事情是put off + Ving 延遲
Aaron: Are you kidding me? That’s awesome!
亞倫:你在開玩笑嗎?棒極了!
Lily: What?
莉莉:什麼?
Aaron: I’ve always dreamed about keeping a dog!
亞倫:能養一隻狗一直都是我的夢想!
dream about N.夢想著
Lily: Well. Just remember to walk the dog twice a day, first in the morning and then in the evening. You’ll be fine.
莉莉:好,只要記得帶牠去散步兩次就好,早晚各一次。你會沒事的。
remember to do sth.記得去做某事remember Ving記得做了某件事twice兩次