
厭倦日復一日
George is talking to his niece, Megan. George wasn’t home so often.
喬治正在和侄女梅根說話。喬治不常在家。
home(adv.)在家often(adv.)時常
Megan: Uncle George! It’s so nice to have you home.
梅根:喬治叔叔!有你在家真是太好了。
George: Good to be back.
喬治:回來很棒啊。
Megan: Are you getting used to staying at home?
梅根:你習慣待在家裡嗎?
get used to Ving or N.現在習慣、used to do sth.以前習慣
George: It is nice and better than living out of a suitcase.
喬治:在家很好,比在外奔波工作要好啊。
better than比…還要好
Megan: I thought you enjoyed that kind of lifestyle.
梅根:我以為你喜歡那種生活方式。
enjoy(v.)享受lifestyle生活型態
George: I did at first because I was so sick of working day in and day out.
喬治:我一開始的確是,因為我很厭倦日復一日的工作。
at first起初=in the beginningbe sick of=be tired of=be fed up with sth.疲倦於work(v.)工作day in and day out日復一日的生活
Megan: Then? What changed your mind?
梅根:然後呢?是什麼改變了你的想法?
change your mind改變想法
George: Then I found traveling all the time was the same.
喬治:後來我發現一直旅行本質也一樣。
find(v.)發現、察覺travel(v.)旅行、奔波、traveler旅人all the time一直
Megan: Well, I still envy you. It is my dream to travel for work.
梅根:嗯,我還是羨慕你。能夠出差旅行一直是我的夢想。
envy(v.)羨慕dream(n.)夢想