
三招減少垃圾!
Kevin and Kelly are chatting while waiting for the garbage truck.
凱文一邊與凱莉閒談邊等垃圾車。
wait for等待garbage truck垃圾車
Kevin: I feel like there’s always so much trash to throw out every day.
凱文:我覺得好像每天都有倒不完的垃圾。
trash(n.)垃圾throw(v.)丟
Kelly: Yeah, but did you know you can do things to decrease the amount of trash?
凱莉:是阿,但你知道有一些行為可以為環境減少很多垃圾嗎?
decrease(v.)減少amount(n.)量trash(n.)垃圾
Kevin: Really? Teach me!
凱文:真的嗎?教我教我!
Kelly: The first thing is to have a habit of bringing your own bag and chopsticks with you.
凱莉:第一個就是養成隨身攜帶環保袋跟環保筷的習慣。
habit(n.)習慣chopstick(n.)筷子
Kevin: You’re right, plastic bags and disposable chopsticks really create a large amount of waste.
凱文:你說得對,塑膠袋跟免洗筷確實造成大量的垃圾量。
plastic(adj.)塑膠的disposable(adj.)一次性的chopstick(n.)筷子create(n.)製造amount(n.)量waste(n.)廢棄物、垃圾
Kelly: The second thing is to try and buy less over-packaged products, like products with lots of plastic wrap and boxing.
凱莉:第二件事是試著減少買過度包裝的商品,像是那些有保鮮膜或盒裝的東西。
over-packaged(adj.)過度包裝的product(n.)產品plastic wrap保鮮膜
Kevin: We pick over-packaged products without thinking because they look better!
凱文:因為那些過度包裝的產品比較漂亮,我們常常不多想就買了。
pick(v.)挑選over-packaged(adj.)過度包裝的product(n.)產品
Kelly: Thirdly, be less materialistic. For example, you can try to not buy clothes and bags you don’t need.
凱莉:第三,減少物質上的迷戀,例如不買不需要的衣服、包包。
thirdly(adv.)第三materialistic(adj.)物質主義的
Kevin: Oh gosh, that’s a hard one.
凱文:天哪,這好難啊。
Kelly: Yeah, but you can maybe also save a lot of money!
凱莉:是阿,但說不定還可以省不少錢呢!
save(v.)省下、存下
Kevin: Oh, the garbage truck is here. I’m going to throw out my trash now!
凱文:啊,垃圾車來了,我先去倒垃圾囉!
throw(v.)丟trash(n.)垃圾