
義美回贈泡芙
Eddie and Megan are roommates. Megan is looking at a map.
艾迪和梅根是室友。梅根正在看地圖。
Eddie: Why are you staring at the map?
艾迪:你怎麼盯著地圖?
stare at sth.瞪著
Megan: I’m looking for Lithuania.
梅根:我在找立陶宛。
Eddie: It’s between Latvia and Poland, by the Baltic. Its capital, Vilnius, is very close to Belarus. Why?
艾迪:立陶宛位在拉脫維亞和波蘭之間,就在波羅的海沿岸。首都維爾紐斯離白俄羅斯很近。怎麼了?
Latvia拉脫維亞、Estonia愛沙尼亞Poland波蘭、Polish波蘭文the Baltic Sea波羅的海capital(n.)首都close to接近、靠近Belarus白羅斯or白俄羅斯
Megan: Haven’t you heard? They just donated vaccines to Taiwan.
梅根:你沒聽說嗎?他們剛剛像台灣捐贈了疫苗。
Eddie: How nice of them!
艾迪:他們人真好!
be nice of sb.某人很好
Megan: Their Minister of Foreign Affairs said: “Freedom-loving people should look out for each other!”
梅根:他們的外交部長說:「熱愛自由的人們應互相關照!」
foreign affair外交事務freedom(n.)自由look out for sb.關照、照顧
Eddie: So true. Lithuania can understand our situation since we share such similar historical backgrounds. We can’t thank them enough.
艾迪:說的好。立陶宛能夠理解我們的處境,因為我們兩國有著如此相似的歷史背景啊。真的感謝他們。
situation(n.)狀況處境share(v.)共享similar(adj.)類似的historical background歷史背景thank(v.)感謝
Megan: I-Mei is sending a container of puffs to Lithuania as a gesture of thanks for this kind move.
梅根:義美要向立陶宛送一貨櫃的泡芙,以感謝他們的善舉。
container(n.)貨櫃a gesture of手勢、一種表示kind(adj.)友善的、和善的move(n.)舉止、措施、行動
Eddie: I think Lithuanian people will love the snacks.
艾迪:我想立陶宛人會喜歡這些泡芙的。
Megan: I’m planning my trip to Lithuania! Join me!
梅根:我要來計劃我的立陶宛之旅!跟我一起吧!