
傳承火炬
Kelly and Leo are baseball fans. They are chatting.
凱莉和李歐是棒球迷。他們在聊天。
fan(n.)…迷、狂熱愛好者、粉絲a fan of…~的迷、粉絲
Kelly: Did you hear? Lin Chih-sheng is retiring this season!
凱莉:你聽說了嗎?林智勝這個球季要退休了!
retire(v.)退休
Leo: Really? Wow, he’s a legend! What will he do next?
李歐:真的嗎?哇,他是傳奇呢!那他接下來要做什麼?
legend(n.)傳奇(人物)
Kelly: He plans to become a coach! He wants to teach young players and show them his love for the game.
凱莉:他打算當教練!他想教年輕球員,讓他們感受到他對棒球的熱愛。
coach(n.)教練、長途巴士
Leo: That’s awesome! But being a coach must be hard.
李歐:太棒了!不過當教練應該很不容易吧。
Kelly: Yeah, but he’s ready. He even talked with other new coaches to get advice.
凱莉:是啊,但他已經準備好了。他還跟其他新教練交流過呢。
advice(n.)建議、忠告ask for advice請教建議offer advice提供建議
Leo: I’m sure he’ll be great! He always gave his best on the field.
李歐:我相信他一定很棒!他以前在球場上總是全力以赴。
give one’s best全力以赴、竭盡所能=do/try one’s bestfield(n.)(運動)場地、球場
Kelly: Right! He said he wants to help the team win many championships.
凱莉:對啊!他說他想幫助球隊拿下很多次總冠軍。
championship(n.)冠軍稱號、冠軍賽
Leo: That’s so inspiring! Maybe I should practice harder too.
李歐:聽了好感動喔!也許我也應該更努力練球了。
inspiring(adj.)鼓舞人心的inspire(v.)鼓舞、啟發
Kelly: Me too! Let’s follow his example and do our best!
凱莉:我也是!讓我們學習他的榜樣,盡全力去努力吧!
follow one’s example效法某人、以某人為榜樣do one’s best盡自己最大的努力