
大師兄引退
Amy is talking to her friend Ben. They are both baseball fans.
艾咪正在跟朋友班聊天。他們都是棒球迷。
Amy: Hey, Ben! Did you catch Lin Chih-sheng’s last game?
艾咪:嘿,班!你有看到林智勝最後一場比賽嗎?
catch(v.)看到、收看
Ben: Yeah! That 305th home run… absolutely crazy!
班:有啊!那第305轟⋯⋯太誇張了!
absolutely(adv.)完全地、絕對地=completely/totally
Amy: I know! And he hit at least one home run every season for 22 years. That’s insane.
艾咪:對啊,他22年來每季都有全壘打,真的是太猛了。
insane(adj.)誇張的、厲害的、荒唐的
Ben: Totally legendary. I heard he even cried at the ceremony.
班:超傳奇的!我聽說他在退休典禮上還哭了。
legendary(adj.)傳奇的legend(n.)傳說、傳奇故事、傳奇人物ceremony(n.)典禮、儀式opening/closing ceremony開幕/閉幕典禮award ceremony頒獎典禮
Amy: Yeah, he said, “thank you to myself.” You can tell he’s really proud after everything he went through.
艾咪:對啊,他說「感謝自己」。看得出來經歷那麼多,他真的很自豪。
go through經歷、遭受、仔細檢查、審查
Ben: That’s so touching. Did he make up with his coach and family too?
班:超感人的。他有跟教練和家人和好了嗎?
make up with sb.與某人和好
Amy: Yup! He hugged his old coach before the game, and his family even took photos on the field.
艾咪:有啊!比賽前他跟老教練擁抱,他家人也在球場拍了照片。
coach(n.)教練head coach總教練/personal coach私人教練
Ben: I love that. Shows even top athletes have feelings and struggles.
班:我喜歡這點。證明就算是明星球員,也有情緒和難關要面對。
struggle(n.)困難、掙扎
Amy: Totally. And now he wants to help kids chase their dreams.
艾咪:完全同意。而且他現在想幫孩子們追夢。
chase one’s dreams追逐自己的夢想
Ben: I hope he inspires a lot of young players.
班:希望他能激勵更多小球員。
inspire(v.)激勵、鼓舞inspire sb. with sth.用某種特質激勵某人
Amy: Maybe one day we’ll see a future star who learned from him!
艾咪:說不定哪天就會有小球員受他啟發,成為明日之星!
learn from sb.向某人學習