
花光所有的錢
Henry just finished a call with his brother. His girlfriend, Amy, is talking to him.
亨利剛剛和他的弟弟講完電話。他的女友艾咪正在跟他說話。
finish a call with sb.跟某人講完電話
Henry: Ugh! I’m so tired of my brother.
亨利:呃!我真的受夠我弟了。
be tired of sb.受夠、厭倦某人
Amy: Calm down. What happened this time?
艾咪:冷靜點。這次發生什麼事?
calm down冷靜
Henry: He spent all his money on booze again! Now he is asking for more money.
亨利:他又把全部錢花在買酒。還向我要錢。
spend money or time on花錢、花時間booze(n.)酒、口語ask for要求
Amy: Again? He really needs help.
艾咪:又來?他真的需要幫助耶。
again(adv.)再一次help(n.)幫助
Henry: What can I do?
亨利:我能怎麼辦?
Amy: Is there anyone in your family that can watch him for some time? Maybe your father can do it.
艾咪:你家人有人可以看著他一段時間嗎?也許你爸爸可以幫忙。
watch(v.)照顧、看管for some time一段時間、一些時候
Henry: Like father, like son. My father is no better. He always spends all his money as well.
亨利:有其父必有其子。我父親也沒有多好,他也總是花光所有的錢。
no better沒多好
Amy: You should at least stop lending your brother money.
艾咪:至少不要再借錢給他了。
at least至少stop Ving停止這個動作lend(v.)借出、borrow(v.)借入
Henry: You think so?
亨利:你這麼覺得嗎?
Amy: Yeah. You can buy him the stuff he needs, but don’t give him money.
艾咪:對啊。可以買給他他需要的東西,但不要給他錢。
stuff(n.)東西give(v.)給予