
許願過好年
Benson and Helen are a couple. Helen just got home.
班森和海倫是一對。海倫剛回家。
Benson: Where were you?
班森:你剛剛在哪裡?
Helen: I was at the temple lighting up some blessing lamps for both of us.
海倫:我去廟裡幫我們倆點光明燈。
temple(n.)寺廟
Benson: Why would you do that?
班森:為什麼要這麼做?
Helen: Because it’s the Year of the Ox. You forgot that we share the same zodiac animal?
海倫:因為今年是牛年啊。你忘了我們生肖是同一個嗎?
ox牛、cow乳牛share(v.)分享zodiac animal生肖star sign星座
Benson: Right. Were there many people?
班森:對。有很多人嗎?
Helen: It was crowded. All the temples are full of people now.
海倫:人山人海。現在所有的廟都擠滿了人。
crowded(ad.)擁擠的、crowd(n.)人群be full of充滿
Benson: What did you wish for?
班森:你有許什麼願嗎?
wish(v.)許願、希望
Helen: That we can have a great year ahead.
海倫:我們可以度過順利的一年。
ahead(adv.)前方、前面
Benson: Oh! That’s so nice.
班森:哦!真是太好了。