
保持距離勤洗手
Anne and Kyle are roommates. Anne is watching the Central Epidemic Command Center’s press conference.
安妮和凱爾是室友。安妮在看中央疫情指揮中心的記者會。
press conference記者會
Kyle: How many new cases today?
凱爾:今天有多少新病例?
case(n.)案例
Anne: Not too many. I think it’s under control.
安妮:不是很多。疫情應該控制住了。
under control控制住
Kyle: Did they announce when the level 3 alert will be lowered?
凱爾:有沒有宣布什麼時候會降低三級警戒呢?
announce(v.)宣布
Anne: Yes! It has been confirmed that the alert will be lowered after July 26.
安妮:在7月26日之後就會降級了。
confirm(v.)確認、完成被動、已經被確認
Kyle: That’s good news, no?
凱爾:是個好消息,不是嗎?
Anne: We still can’t lower our guard. We can’t afford to deal with another wave of outbreaks.
安妮:我們還是不能鬆懈下來。我們可沒辦法再應付另一波疫情啊。
lower our guard降低戒心、警戒afford(v.)負擔的起deal with=cope with處理wave(n.)浪潮、波浪outbreak爆發、戰爭、疫情
Kyle: Yes, this new normal is killing me.
凱爾:倒是,這種新常態讓我好疲憊。
new normal新常態be killing sb.讓某人難受、很疼痛
Anne: This new normal will likely continue. We still have to wear masks, keep social distancing and wash hands regularly.
安妮:這種新常態可能會繼續下去,仍然得戴口罩、保持社交距離並勤洗手。
continue(v.)繼續keep social distancing保持社交距離、distance(n.)距離regularly(adv.)經常地、規律地
Kyle: I sense that we have to do these for a long time into the future.
凱爾:我有預感未來很長一段時間內都必須繼續這麼做。
sense(v.)預感、感覺到future未來、past過去
Anne: Me too.
安妮:我也覺得。