
繼續在家運動
Brian and Cindy are a couple. Cindy is watching the Central Epidemic Command Center’s press conference.
布萊恩和辛蒂是一對夫妻。辛蒂正在看今天的疫情記者會。
epidemic(adj.)流行病的command命令指揮press conference記者會
Brian: Anything new today? Are they finally going to lift the alert?
布萊恩:今天有什麼新鮮事嗎?終於要解除警戒了嗎?
lift(v.)解禁、撤銷、(n.)搭便車、電梯
Cindy: No, just the opposite. The level 3 alert will be extended.
辛蒂:不,恰恰相反。三級警報會再延長喔。
opposite(n.)相反
Brian: For how long?
布萊恩:要延長多久?
Cindy: Till July 12, so two more weeks.
辛蒂:到7月12日,再兩週。
till=until直到
Brian: Oh no. Does this mean that we still can’t eat at restaurants?
布萊恩:噢,不。還是不能去餐廳吃飯嗎?
Cindy: Restaurants can only offer takeout services.
辛蒂:餐廳只提供外賣服務喔。
takeout service外賣服務
Brian: I really want to go to the gym.
布萊恩:我真的很想去健身房。
Cindy: I know. But it’s too dangerous to lower the alert level at this point.
辛蒂:我知道。這個時間點解禁太危險了。
dangerous(adj.)危險的lower(v.)降低at this point這個時間點
Brian: I guess I’ll stick with my exercise routine at home.
布萊恩:我明白了。我會繼續在家運動。
stick with堅持、遵守exercise routine運動規律
Cindy: Don’t worry. It will end before you know it. Plus, think of it as a chance for us to spend more time together. We barely had time to be with each other before this.
辛蒂:很快就會過去的啦。不如把這想成是一個讓我們能花更多時間相處的機會啊。疫情前我們根本很難有時間陪彼此吧。
end(v.)結束barely(adv.)幾乎不