
學生的一場惡夢
Allen and Emily are a couple. They are talking on the phone.
艾倫和艾蜜莉是一對夫妻。艾倫打電話給艾蜜莉。
Allen: Hey honey, how is Jessica?
艾倫:嘿,親愛的,潔西卡還好嗎?
Emily: She’s in the middle of her online class.
艾蜜莉:她在上線上課。
in the middle of sth.之中
Allen: And how are you doing?
艾倫:那你還好嗎?
Emily: I finished an online meeting an hour ago. By the way, I just saw the news. Schools will be closed for another two weeks, till the end of the semester.
艾蜜莉:我剛剛開玩線上會議。附帶一提,我看到了最新消息了,學校會關閉直到學期結束。
by the way=btw附帶一提till直到semester(n.)學期
Allen: I saw it too.
艾倫:我也看到了。
Emily: I think it’s for the best. The local outbreak isn’t really under control yet.
艾蜜莉:也許這樣比較好,台灣的疫情還沒控制住。
for the best最好的outbreak(n.)爆發under control控制住
Allen: I know. One of my colleagues was just complaining that the college entrance exams will also be postponed. Her son is among those to take the exams this year.
艾倫:我知道。我的同事剛剛也在抱怨指考延期的事情,他兒子今年要應考。
complain(v.)抱怨postpone=put off延期
Emily: That could be a nightmare for the students.
艾蜜莉:這對學生來說可能是一場惡夢。
nightmare(n.)惡夢、夢魘
Allen: Yeah. Who knows? Maybe classes will still have to be taught online next semester.
艾倫:沒錯。誰知道呢?也許下學期課程也會繼續在線上進行。
teach-taught(v.)教導
Emily: I guess we just have to prepare for the worst.
艾蜜莉:我想我們需要為最壞的情況做好準備就是。
prepare(v.)準備bad-worse-worst(adj.)壞的、糟糕的