
5月12日通車
Linda and Sam are talking at a cafe. They are reading the news on their phones about the new Danjiang Bridge.
琳達和山姆正在咖啡廳聊天。他們正用手機看關於淡江大橋通車的新聞。
open to traffic(道路/橋樑)開放通車begin service(捷運/火車)通車
Linda: Hey Sam! Did you see the news? The Danjiang Bridge will open on May 12th! It looks beautiful.
琳達:嘿山姆!你看到新聞了嗎?淡江大橋5月12日要通車了!看起來好美。
Sam: Yes! It is a new tourist spot in New Taipei City. Do you want to go?
山姆:對啊!它是新北市的新景點。你想去嗎?
sightseeing spot觀光景點=tourist attraction觀光景點tourist destination旅遊目的地
Linda: Definitely! But I don’t want to drive. How can we get there by public transportation?
琳達:當然!但我不想開車。我們怎麼搭大眾運輸去那裡?
public transportation大眾運輸(工具)=public transport(英式)
Sam: It’s easy. We can start from Taipei. First, take the Red Line to Tamsui Station.
山姆:很簡單。我們可以從台北出發。首先,搭紅線到淡水站。
Linda: Okay, and then?
琳達:好,然後呢?
Sam: From Tamsui Station, we can take a bus like the 880 or 837 to “Danjiang New Village.” Or, we can go to Hongshulin Station and transfer to the Light Rail.
山姆:從淡水站,我們可以搭880或837等公車到「淡江新村」。或者,我們可以到紅樹林站轉乘輕軌。
transfer(v.)轉乘、轉移transfer money轉帳
Linda: The Light Rail sounds fun! Where do we get off?
琳達:輕軌聽起來很好玩!我們要在哪裡下車?
get off下車、下班get on上車、登機
Sam: Get off at Tamsui Fisherman’s Wharf. From there, we can walk or ride a YouBike to the bridge.
山姆:在淡水漁人碼頭下車。從那裡,我們可以走路或騎YouBike去大橋。
wharf(n.)碼頭
Linda: What if we go from the Bali side?
琳達:那如果我們從八里那邊去呢?
Sam: From Bali, we can take bus 704 or 927 to “Wazihwei.” Then, just walk or bike to the bridge.
山姆:從八里,我們可以搭704或927公車到「挖仔尾」。然後走路或騎單車去大橋就可以了。
bike to+地方:騎車去某地mountain bike登山車
Linda: Great! I also heard there are special events before the opening.
琳達:太棒了!我還聽說通車前有一些特別活動。
event(n.)活動、事件sports event體育賽事hold/host an event舉辦活動in any event無論如何
Sam: That’s right! The government is providing shuttle buses for those events. We should check the website for the schedule.
山姆:沒錯!政府有為那些活動提供接駁車。我們應該上網查一下接駁時間表。
shuttle bus接駁車
Linda: Perfect. Let’s go see the sunset on the bridge next month!
琳達:太完美了。我們下個月去橋上看夕陽吧!
sunset(n.)日落