
神射手叔叔
Angus and Carrie are colleagues. They are video chatting.
安格斯和凱莉是同事。他們正在視訊聊天。
Carrie: Angus, is that a bow behind you?
凱莉:安格斯,你身後那是一把弓嗎?
bow(n.)弓、蝴蝶結bowtie、crossbow十字弓、longbow長弓、bow(v.)鞠躬behind(prep.)在…後面
Angus: You mean this?
安格斯:你是說這個?
Carrie: Yeah. I didn’t know you shoot arrows.
凱莉:沒錯。我不知道你會射箭。
Angus: My uncle was a famous archer actually. He taught me everything.
安格斯:我叔叔其實是很有名的弓箭手。他教會我很多關於射箭的事情。
famous(adj.)有名的archer弓箭手、archery射箭teach-taught(v.)教導
Carrie: I really want to give it a shot.
凱莉:我是真的很想試試看射箭。
give it a shot=give it a try試試看
Angus: Really? How come?
安格斯:真的嗎?怎麼會?
how come怎麼會
Carrie: It looks awesome. I like the sound when you let go of an arrow.
凱莉:看起來很酷。我喜歡放開箭時發出的聲音。
sound(n.)聲響let go of sth.放手
Angus: Nice! We should go to a shooting range together.
安格斯:不錯!那我們找個時間一起去射箭場。
range(n.)射擊場、靶場、射程、shooting range
Carrie: Good idea.
凱莉:好主意。
Angus: You’ll love it.
安格斯:你會喜歡射箭的。