
友誼賽缺球員
Brian and Lily are roommates. Brian needs a favor.
布萊恩和莉莉是室友。布萊恩需要莉莉幫忙。
do me a favor幫我個忙
Brian: Do you know how to ice-skate?
布萊恩:你會溜冰嗎?
ice-skate(v.)溜冰
Lily: Believe it or not, I’m quite good at it.
莉莉:信不信由你,我很擅長溜冰。
believe it or not信不信由你
Brian: Really?
布萊恩:真的嗎?
Lily: My mom used to take me to the ice rink every winter. I’ll knock your socks off.
莉莉:我媽以前每年冬天都會帶我去溜冰場。我會讓刮目相看。
ice rink溜冰場winter(n.)冬天knock your socks off刮目相看=blow sb. away
Brian: Well, do you want to play ice hockey with us?
布萊恩:嗯,你想和我們一起打冰上曲棍球嗎?
Lily: Wow, what?
莉莉:哇,什麼東西?
Brian: My team is one player short. We have a friendly match later.
布萊恩:我們球隊缺一名球員。我們等等會有一場友誼賽。
short缺少friendly match友誼賽
Lily: Sounds fun! I’m in.
莉莉:聽起來很有趣!我要我要。
Brian: Nice! Let’s head to the rink and see what you got.
布萊恩:太好了!那就去溜冰場看看你的本事吧。
head to前往what you got有什麼本事
Lily: No problem.
莉莉:沒問題。