
打造你的第二人生
Jason and Aaron are friends. Jason is calling Aaron on the phone.
傑森和亞倫是朋友。他們正在講電話。
Jason: Hey, what are you up to in the afternoon?
傑森:嘿,你下午要幹嘛?
what are you up to在做什麼、有什麼計畫
Aaron: I’ll just play my video game. I’m so hooked on this game I just bought last week.
亞倫:打電動吧。我迷上了我上禮拜才剛買的遊戲。
be hooked on sth.對什麼很著迷
Jason: Which game? Is it Animal Crossing: New Horizons?
傑森:什麼遊戲啊?是動物森友會嗎?
horizon(n.)地平線
Aaron: How did you know!? This game is awesome.
亞倫:你怎麼知道!這個遊戲真的很棒。
Jason: Everyone is playing it, but I don’t get it. Why is everyone so crazy about it?
傑森:每個人都在玩,但我超不懂。為什麼大家都這麼愛?
be crazy about sth.對什麼很瘋狂
Aaron: Duh. This game gives people their second lives. That’s why. There’s no to-do list in the game. You can do anything that you want.
亞倫:那還用說,這個遊戲簡直讓人們玩出了第二人生。遊戲中沒有任何任務,可以想做任何想做的事。
duh還用說嗎to-do list待辦事項
Jason: Anything?
傑森:什麼事都行嗎?
Aaron: Anything. You can go catch bugs, go fishing or chop some wood. There’s no limit. You can also design your own house, your own clothes and even build a maze on your island.
亞倫:什麼都可以。可以去捉蟲子、去釣魚或是去砍樹。完全沒有限制。還可以設計自己的房屋、衣服,甚至在島上建一個迷宮也行。
go fishing去釣魚chop(v.)砍limit(n.)限制、speed limit限速design(v.)設計maze(n.)迷宮island島嶼
Jason: That actually sounds pretty good.
傑森:聽起來不錯。
Aaron: You have my word. Come build your second life on the island. You can also visit me! It’ll be fun!
亞倫:我拍胸脯保證。快來島上打造你的第二人生。也可以來拜訪我!一定會很好玩!
have one′s word某人的保證