
炎炎夏日
It’s 37 degrees Celsius today. Tina and her younger brother, Peter, are making shaved ice.
今天氣溫攝氏37度。蒂娜和她的弟弟彼得要做刨冰。
degree(n.)(程)度;學位Celsius(n.)攝氏a degree in psychology心理學的學位
Tina: Hey Peter, do you feel how hot it is today?
蒂娜:嘿,彼得,你有感受到今天有多熱嗎?
Peter: Oh yeah, it’s scorching! How can we cool down?
彼得:喔,對啊,真的好熱啊!怎麼樣可以涼一點啊?
scorching(adj.)炎熱的、灼熱的scorch(v.)燒焦cool down降溫、冷卻、冷靜
Tina: I got an idea! Let’s make some shaved ice. It’s easy. We just need ice and syrup.
蒂娜:我有個點子!我們來做些刨冰吧。很簡單,我們只需要冰和糖漿。
let(v.)使、讓
Peter: Sounds cool! How do we start?
彼得:聽起來很酷!我們要怎麼開始呢?
sound(v.)聽起來taste(v.)嚐起來look(v.)看起來
Tina: I’ll take care of crushing the ice in the blender, and you can help out by pouring it into bowls.
蒂娜:我會負責用攪拌機把冰弄碎,你就幫忙把它倒進碗裡。
crush(v.)壓碎、搗碎blender(n.)攪拌機blend(v.)攪拌pour(v.)倒、注pour...into...把~倒入~
Peter: Got it! And then?
彼得:知道了!然後呢?
Tina: Next comes the fun part! Pick your favorite syrup flavor — we have strawberry, blueberry, and lemon.
蒂娜:接下來就是有趣的部分了!挑選你最喜歡的糖漿口味——有草莓、藍莓和檸檬。
pick(v.)挑選、選擇=chooseflavor(n.)口味、味道
Peter: Hmm, strawberry all the way! Can I pour it on the ice now?
彼得:嗯,當然是草莓啦!我現在可以把它淋在冰上了嗎?
all the way完全地;自始自終地
Tina: Of course. Drizzle that syrup over the ice in the bowls.
蒂娜:當然可以。把糖漿淋在碗裡的冰上。
drizzle(v.)淋
Peter: Woohoo! This looks awesome! Let’s dig in!
彼得:喔耶!看起來超棒的!我們開動吧!
awesome(adj.)很棒的dig in大口吃、大快朵頤
Tina: Enjoy your shaved ice, Peter! It’s the best way to chill on a hot day like this.
蒂娜:享受你的刨冰,彼得!天氣這麼熱,吃刨冰就是最好的降溫方式。
chill(v.)變冷;冷卻