
擀麵真功夫
Joanne is talking to her son, Kevin, in the kitchen.
喬安正在廚房裡和兒子凱文說話。
Kevin: Mom, I’m hungry.
凱文:媽,我餓了。
hungry(adj.)餓的
Joanne: Well, there are some scallions in the fridge. Let’s make scallion pancakes!
喬安:嗯,冰箱裡有一些蔥。我們來做蔥油餅吧!
fridge(=refrigerator)(n.)冰箱
Kevin: Great! What else do we need besides scallions?
凱文:好耶!除了蔥以外我們還需要什麼?
besides(prep.)除~之外還有
Joanne: We need four cups of flour, one tablespoon of salt, and one cup of hot water.
喬安:我們需要四杯麵粉、一匙鹽巴,和一杯熱水。
數字-單位-of-名詞one box of chocolate一盒巧克力flour(n.)麵粉tablespoon食物量匙
Kevin: What about oil?
凱文:那油呢?
Joanne: We need three tablespoons of oil. Can you mix the flour and the salt together in a bowl first?
喬安:我們需要三匙的油。你可以在碗裡先混合麵粉和鹽巴嗎?
mix(v.)混合
Kevin: Ok. Should I add all the hot water to the flour and stir it in?
凱文:好啊。我應該把熱水全加進麵粉裡然後攪拌嗎?
add(v.)添加add A to B將A加進B中stir(v.)攪拌
Joanne: Yes. I will cut the dough into four pieces and roll them into thin circles.
喬安:是的。我會把麵團切成四塊,然後把它們擀平成薄薄的圓形。
dough(n.)麵團into(prep.)成為、轉為piece(n.)塊、片roll(v.)擀平thin(adj.)薄的、瘦的circle(n.)圓圈
Kevin: When should we add the scallions?
凱文:我們應該在什麼時候加蔥?
Joanne: Before we spread the oil and heat up the pan to cook the pancakes, we add the scallions to them.
喬安:先在平底鍋裡抹點油並加熱,下鍋前再加蔥。
spread(v.)鋪開heat up加熱
Kevin: I can’t wait to eat them!
凱文:我等不及要吃了!
Joanne: Don’t forget to share them with your father and sister.
喬安:別忘了要分給你爸爸和姊姊。
share sth. with sb.與某人分享某物