
Ray說台灣人像NPC?
Gina and Larry are friends. They are chatting.
吉娜和賴瑞是朋友。他們正在聊天。
Larry: Hey Gina, did you watch Logan Paul’s podcast with Ray?
賴瑞:嘿,吉娜,你有看Ray上羅根·保羅的播客嗎?
Gina: Yeah, I saw it.
吉娜:有啊,我有看。
Larry: I still can’t believe what he said! But you know who Logan Paul is, right?
賴瑞:我還是不敢相信他那麼說!你知道羅根·保羅是誰吧?
Gina: Yeah, he’s a famous YouTuber and wrestler. His podcast “Impaulsive” talks to online celebrities and stars.
吉娜:知道啊,他是有名的YouTuber和摔角手,他的播客會訪問網紅和明星。
wrestling(n.)摔角運動freestyle wrestling自由式摔角celebrity(n.)名人
Larry: And Ray is that Taiwanese high schooler who went viral in Japan last year.
賴瑞:Ray是去年在日本爆紅的台灣高中生。
high schooler高中生middle schooler國中生go viral迅速爆紅
Gina: Right. He got famous after talking to American streamer Kai Cenat on the street.
吉娜:對,他因為跟美國實況主凱·塞納特搭話而走紅。
streamer(n.)實況主、直播主stream(v.)直播、實況轉播
Larry: On the podcast, Ray said Taiwan is “sh--” and boring. He said people are like NPCs — no dreams or energy.
賴瑞:Ray在節目說台灣很爛又無聊,還說大家像NPC一樣沒夢想沒活力。
NPC=Non-Player Character非玩家角色,這指動作呆板、沒有主見的人energy(n.)能量、活力have a lot of energy精力充沛run out of energy沒力氣/活力了
Gina: That was rude! Not everyone is outgoing, but that doesn’t mean we’re lifeless.
吉娜:那太沒禮貌了!不是每人都外向,但不代表沒活力。
outgoing(adj.)外向的、開朗的、健談的sociable(adj.)善於社交的introverted(adj.)內向的lifeless(adj.)無生氣的、死氣沉沉的
Larry: I think he has a point. Many young people here seem tired and don’t have big goals.
賴瑞:我覺得他說得也有道理,很多年輕人看起來很累,也沒有大夢想。
set a goal設定目標achieve/reach a goal達成目標
Gina: Maybe, but he shouldn’t say it like that. Taiwan has lots of good things — technology, culture, and people who care.
吉娜:可能吧,但他不該這樣講。台灣有很多好東西,科技、文化還有關心別人的人。
technology(n.)科技advanced technology先進技術cutting-edge technology尖端科技
Larry: He also said he loves America and wants to live there because it feels different and exciting.
賴瑞:他說他喜歡美國,想住那裡,因為感覺不一樣,很刺激。
Gina: It’s okay to like another country, but trashing your own home isn’t fair.
吉娜:喜歡別國沒錯,但批評自己的家不公平。
another(det.)另一個、再一個trash(v.)批評fair(adj.)公平的
Larry: Yeah, maybe we just see things differently.
賴瑞:是啊,可能我們想法不同。
in a different way以不同的方式
Gina: Let’s just agree to disagree.
吉娜:那我們就尊重彼此意見吧。