
霜凍優格與聖代
Betty and Nick are friends. They are at Nick’s place.
貝蒂和尼克是朋友,他們在尼克的家。
Betty: The weather is so hot today.
貝蒂:今天天氣真熱啊。
weather (n.)天氣
Nick: I know. The air conditioner is not working.
尼克:我知道。冷氣壞了。
air conditioner 冷氣turn on(off) 開(關)work (v.)運作,運轉
Betty: That’s for sure. I’m sweating.
貝蒂:一定是這樣,我滿身大汗。
sweat (v.)流汗
Nick: We should have some frozen treats.
尼克:我們應該來吃點冰品。
Betty: Like what?
貝蒂:像是什?呢?
Nick: Ice cream, ice pop, milkshake, sundae, or frozen yogurt. You name it.
尼克:像是冰淇淋、冰棒、奶昔、聖代、或霜凍優格啊,隨你挑。
name (v.)說出某個東西的名稱
Betty: Mmm! My mouth is watering already!
貝蒂:嗯!我口水都要流出來了!
water (v.)流口水already (adv.)已經
Nick: Come on. Let’s go to the new ice cream shop around the corner. It’s my treat.
尼克:走吧!我們去轉角那間新冰淇淋店。我請客。
corner (n.)轉角,角落
Betty: Great! I am getting vanilla ice cream.
貝蒂:太好了!我要吃香草冰淇淋。
vanilla (n.)香草chocolate 巧克力、strawberry 草莓、mint chocolate chip 薄荷巧克力、pistachio 開心果、butter pecan 奶油胡桃