
禁止餵食
Michael and Maggie are resting on the grass at school. Michael is surfing the Internet on his cell phone.
麥克和麥姬在學校的草地上休息,麥克正在用手機上網。
rest(v.)休息grass(n.)草地surf the Internet上網
Michael: Hey, Maggie. Check this out! I just saw this guide to whale watching.
麥克:嘿,麥姬,來看看這個,我剛看到一個賞鯨指南。
check sth out=take a look at sth看看guide(n.)指南
Maggie: Whale watching? You mean going on a cruise to watch the whales at sea in Yilan or Hualien?
麥姬:賞鯨?你是說在宜蘭或花蓮搭船出海賞鯨嗎?
go on a cruise搭船旅行at sea在海上
Michael: That’s right! It says here that the best time for whale watching is from April to October.
麥克:沒錯!這邊說最佳賞鯨期間是四月到十月。
the best time for最好的時間
Maggie: Then we should definitely find some time to do it!
麥姬:那我們真的應該要找個時間去賞鯨!
definitely(adv.)一定要、肯定是
Michael: If we’re going to watch the whales, we need to bring along a few things.
麥克:如果我們要去的話,我們得帶一些東西過去。
bring along帶著=carry along
Maggie: What are they?
麥姬:哪些東西?
Michael: A telescope, a life jacket, and of course a camera with a good lens.
麥克:望遠鏡、救生衣、當然還有一台鏡頭不錯的相機。
telescope(n.)望遠鏡life jacket救生衣=life vestlens(n.)鏡頭contact lens隱形眼鏡
Maggie: Any other things that we should know about?
麥姬:還有什麼是我們需要知道的?
know about=be aware of了解、知道
Michael: The guide reminds tourists not to throw trash into the sea, and not to approach the whales or feed them.
麥克:這個指南提醒遊客不要亂丟垃圾到海裡,而且不要靠近鯨魚或餵食他們。
remind sb to do sth提醒某人做某事tourist(n.)遊客approach(v.)=get close to靠近feed(v.)餵食
Maggie: Those are really important reminders.
麥姬:這些提醒真的很重要。
reminder(n.)提醒事項
Michael: Since we’ve got everything we need to know about whale watching, do you think we should take a trip to Yilan in late June?
麥克:既然我們已經知道了所有賞鯨的注意事項,你覺得我們要不要六月下旬的時候去宜蘭旅遊?
since(conj.)既然have V-pp現在完成式take a trip=go on a trip旅行
Maggie: Sounds good! I’ll check the tour packages and book a tour online.
麥姬:聽起來不錯!我來上網查一下套裝行程然後預訂一下吧。
tour package套裝行程book(v.)預訂