
士林官邸的花海
Christine is talking to her boyfriend Henry.
克莉絲汀正在跟她男朋友亨利說話。
Christine: Hey Henry! Check this news! The plum blossoms at Shilin Residence are blossoming!
克莉絲汀:嘿亨利!你看這個新聞!士林官邸的梅花開了!
residence(n.)住所、居住地take up residence搬入居住resident(n.)居民bloom(v.)花開(任何花)、人或事物茁壯、展現活力
Henry: Really? Is it like a sea of pink?
亨利:真的嗎?像是一片粉紅花海嗎?
a sea of一片(花海、人海等)、大量的~
Christine: Actually, most are white, like snow on the trees! The news says they are “40% in blossom” right now.
克莉絲汀:其實大部分是白色的,像樹上的積雪!新聞說現在花開約四成。
actually(adv.)實際上、其實
Henry: Cool. Where should we go? Shilin Residence or Zhicheng Park?
亨利:酷。我們該去哪裡?士林官邸還是志成公園?
Christine: Shilin Residence has 250 trees! But Zhicheng Park is very close to the Shilin MRT station and has a beautiful Chinese garden.
克莉絲汀:士林官邸有250棵梅樹!但志成公園離士林捷運站很近,還有很漂亮的中國風庭園。
be close to離……很近、接近
Henry: Let’s go to both! I want to smell the flowers. The article says the air smells amazing.
亨利:我們兩個都去吧!我想聞聞花香。報導說空氣裡的味道很迷人。
smell(v.)聞、嗅、聞起來amazing(adj.)令人驚艷的
Christine: Me too! But we must hurry. The flowers only stay for about two more weeks.
克莉絲汀:我也是!但我們得快點。花期大約只剩兩週。
hurry(v.)趕快、匆忙hurry to VR急忙去做某事hurry sb.催促某人
Henry: Okay! Let’s go this Saturday while the weather is still cold.
亨利:好!趁現在天氣還冷,我們這週六就去吧。
Christine: Great! I’ll bring my camera, but remember — we cannot touch the trees!
克莉絲汀:太棒了!我會帶相機,但記得——我們不能碰那些樹喔!
touch(v.)觸碰、接觸、感動
Henry: Don’t worry, I’ll be careful. Let’s go!
亨利:別擔心,我會很小心的。出發吧!
careful(adj.)小心的be careful with+物品 :對~小心/be careful about+事情:對某事小心