
有其母必有其子
It is autumn. Henry and his mom went to a pick-your-own orchard to pick apples.
現在是秋天,亨利和他媽媽去自行採摘的果園採蘋果。
autumn(n.)秋天=fallorchard(n.)果園
Henry: It’s a beautiful day, isn’t it?
亨利:今天真是美好的一天,不是嗎?
附加問句=助動詞+代名詞
Mom: Yes, it is. I love cool weather.
媽媽:是啊,我喜歡涼爽的天氣。
weather(n.)天氣
Henry: Let’s get some of these Granny Smith apples. They are good in apple pies, aren’t they?
亨利:我們來採一些青蘋果吧,它們很適合做蘋果派,不是嗎?
good(adj.)適合的
Mom: Yes, they are. Let’s pick two buckets of these apples. I’m going to make apple pies after we get home.
媽媽:是的,讓我們採兩桶青蘋果吧,回家後我要做蘋果派。
bucket(n.)水桶
Henry: And we tried that kind over there last year, too. They were delicious, weren’t they?
亨利:去年我們也有嘗試摘那邊的那種蘋果,它們很好吃,不是嗎?
delicious(adj.)美味的、好吃的
Mom: Exactly, they are called Jonagold. We’ll get some of them.
媽媽:沒錯,它們叫紅龍蘋果,我們來採一些。
exactly(adv.)確切地
After one hour, Mom and Henry have picked two buckets of Granny Smith apples and four buckets of Jonagold apples.
一小時後,媽媽和亨利採了兩桶青蘋果和四桶紅龍蘋果。
has(have)+過去分詞=現在完成式
Mom: Hmm…I wonder how much they are.
媽媽:嗯⋯不知道要多少錢。
wonder(v.)想知道
Henry: Easy! I’ve already done the math. These apples will cost us NT $1,260.
亨利:簡單!我早就算好了,這些蘋果要1,260元。
do-did-done,do the math周密估算、斟酌cost(v.)花費
Mom: Aren’t you one smart apple?
媽媽:你真聰明!
one smart apple特別聰明的人
Henry: I guess the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
亨利:有其母必有其子嘛!
The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.有其父必有其子