
上網看有沒有促銷活動
Phil and Monica are a couple. They are standing in their kitchen, looking at their fridge.
菲爾和莫妮卡是一對夫妻。他們正站在他們廚房裡,看著冰箱。
fridge(n.)冰箱=refrigeratorfreezer(n.)冷凍庫freeze(v.)結凍(三態:freeze,froze,frozen)frozen(adj.)冷凍的frozen food冷凍食品
Phil: Monica, the fridge isn’t cold anymore. I think it’s broken.
菲爾:莫妮卡,冰箱不冷了。我覺得它壞了。
not...anymore 再也不broken(adj.)壞掉的、故障的
Monica: Seriously? Let me see. Oh no, you’re right! What should we do now?
莫妮卡:真的嗎?讓我看看。噢,不,你說得對!我們現在該怎麼辦?
Phil: I guess we’ll need to buy a new one. This fridge is pretty old anyway.
菲爾:我想我們需要買一台新的。反正這台冰箱已經很舊了。
pretty(adv.)很、非常、十分anyway(adv.)反正、無論如何
Monica: Yeah, but new fridges can be pricey.
莫妮卡:是啊,但新冰箱可能很貴。
pricey(adj.)昂貴的=expensive
Phil: I know, but we really need one. We can’t let our food go bad.
菲爾:我知道,但我們真的需要一台。我們不能讓食物壞掉。
go bad變壞、變質
Monica: You’re right. Let’s go check out some stores today.
莫妮卡:你說得對。今天我們去幾家店看看吧。
check sth. out看看某事物=check out sth.check out退房
Phil: Sounds good. We should look online first to see if there are any sales.
菲爾:聽起來不錯。我們應該先上網看看有沒有促銷活動。
sale(n.)促銷活動on sale正在打折for sale銷售中
Monica: Yeah, that’s a good idea. We should also check the size of the space for the fridge.
莫妮卡:是啊,這個主意不錯。我們還應該量一下冰箱的空間。
space(n.)空間
Phil: I’ll take care of that. Let’s find a good one today!
菲爾:我來處理。讓我們今天去台好冰箱吧!
take care of 照顧、處理