
玫瑰香蠟燭
Fred and Penny are colleagues. They are chatting.
弗瑞德和佩妮是同事。他們正在聊天。
Fred: Hi, Penny. How was your Christmas?
弗瑞德:嗨,佩妮。聖誕節過得如何?
Penny: Not bad. My friends and I exchanged gifts on Christmas Eve.
佩妮:還不錯。我和朋友在平安夜交換禮物。
eve(n.)前夕
Fred: Cool! Did you set a price limit?
弗瑞德:酷耶!你們有設定價錢限制嗎?
price(n.)價格、代價limit(n.)限制
Penny: Yes. Everyone was to spend no more than NT$500 on their gifts.
佩妮:有。每個人不能花超過500元在禮物上。
be to應該、應當
Fred: Then what did you prepare?
弗瑞德:那你準備了什麼?
Penny: I bought a rose scented candle and wrapped it up beautifully.
佩妮:我買了一個玫瑰香氛蠟燭,並且把它包裝得漂漂亮亮的。
scent(n.)香味scented(adj.)香的candle(n.)蠟燭wrap sth. up將某物包裹起來
Fred: Wow. My girlfriend would love your gift.
弗瑞德:哇。我女友一定會喜歡你的禮物。
Penny: It’s not the perfect gift for everyone, but at least it’s pretty.
佩妮:雖然不是每個人都適合,但至少它很漂亮。
perfect(adj.)完美的、最恰當的perfect for對~來說很恰當、完美at least至少pretty(adj.)漂亮的
Fred: And what did you get?
弗瑞德:你拿到什麼呢?
Penny: I got hand cream, and I think it’s the perfect gift for winter.
佩妮:我拿到護手霜,我覺得是很適合在冬天送的禮物。
hand cream護手霜face cream面霜sun cream防曬乳