
一機難求的現貨
Jason is at an electronics store.
傑森在一間3C賣場。
electronics store電子產品、3C產品店
Clerk: Hello! How can I help you?
店員:您好!需要些什麼?
Jason: Is this kind of laptop still available?
傑森:這款筆電還有貨嗎?
laptop筆電available(adj.)能取得的
Clerk: The ultralight? Let me check if it is still in stock.
店員:超輕量款嗎?讓我看看是不是還有庫存。
Jason: I heard it sells like hotcakes.
傑森:我聽說現在大熱賣。
sell like hot cakes炙手可熱的商品、熱賣
Clerk: Yes, it does. It is very popular now.
店員:沒錯。現在這款很受歡迎。
popular(adj.)受歡迎的、unpopular(adj.)
Jason: So?
傑森:所以?
Clerk: I got good news and bad news.
店員:我有好消息也有壞消息。
good(adj.)好的、bad(adj.)壞的news(n.)消息、不可數
Jason: I want to hear the bad news first.
傑森:我想先聽到壞消息。
Clerk: The bad news is that we don’t have it now, but the good news is that we’ll have it by tomorrow.
店員:壞消息是我們沒有現貨,但好消息是我們明天就會有貨了。
by+時間、在…之前
Jason: Nice! I’ll just place my order now.
傑森:很棒!我現在就下訂單。
place(v.)下單order(n.)命令、訂單