
關於園藝工作
The phone is ringing. Sarah answers the phone.
電話響了,莎拉接起電話。
phone(n.)電話ring(v.)響起鈴聲answer(v.)回答、答應
Sarah: Hello? Sarah speaking.
莎拉:哈囉,我是莎拉。
speak(v.)說話
Eric: Hello, could I speak to Jessica please?
艾瑞克:哈囉,我能和潔西卡說話嗎?
could(aux.)可以、能
Sarah: Jessica isn’t here right now.
莎拉:潔西卡此刻不在這裡耶。
here(adv.)這裡、在這裡right now現在、目前
Eric: Do you know when she’ll be back?
艾瑞克:妳知道她何時會回來嗎?
know(v.)知道when(adv.)何時back(adv.)返回
Sarah: She went into town to do some shopping. I think she’ll take a few hours. Try calling back after 4pm.
莎拉:她去鎮上買些東西,我想她會花幾個鐘頭。試試看在下午四點後再打來。
into(prep.)進入town(n.)城鎮do(v.)處理some(det.)一些shopping(n.)購物、買東西think(v.)認為take(v.)花費a few一些、幾個hour(n.)小時try(v.)嘗試call(v.)打電話after(prep.)在…之後pm下午
Eric: I won’t be able to call at that time.
艾瑞克:我那時間沒有空耶!
be able to能夠time(n.)時間
Sarah: I see. Would you like to leave a message?
莎拉:我瞭解了,您想要留言嗎?
see(v.)明白、了解would like想要
Eric: Yes, would you tell her that Eric Smith called? It’s about the gardening job she gave me. I can’t come over on Tuesday afternoon, so I would like to know what other time will work for her.
艾瑞克:是的,妳能告訴她艾瑞克史密斯有來電嗎?是關於她給我的園藝工作,我週二下午無法過去,所以我想知道她其它方便的時間。
would(aux.)將、會tell(v.)告訴about(prep.)關於gardening(n.)園藝job(n.)工作give(v.)給come(v.)來over(adv.)從一地到另一地so(conj.)因此other(det.)其它、別的work(v.)有效、成功
Sarah: Of course, I’ll tell her to call you as soon as possible. What’s your telephone number?
莎拉:當然,我會告訴她盡快打電話給您。您的電話號碼是?
of course當然as soon as possible盡快telephone(n.)電話number(n.)號碼
Eric: It’s 0955-385729. Thank you very much.
艾瑞克:我電話是0955-385729,非常感謝妳。
thank(v.)謝謝、感謝very(adv.)很、非常much(det.)多的