
後悔的美食
Fiona and Andrew are roommates.
費歐娜與安德魯是室友。
roommate(n.)室友
Fiona: Andrew, I’m hungry. Do you fancy going for lunch? I’ve heard that the new restaurant down the road is excellent.
費歐娜:安德魯,我餓了,你要去吃午餐嗎?我聽說沿著這條路的那間新餐廳很棒呢!
hungry(adj.)飢餓的fancy(v.)想要、想做hear(v.)聽說down(prep.)沿著、順road(n.)路、馬路excellent(adj.)傑出的、極好的
Andrew: Hmm, I’m not sure about that.
安德魯:嗯…我不確定哩!
sure(adj.)確定的、肯定的
Fiona: Oh, have you been there before?
費歐娜:噢,你之前去過了嗎?
there(adv.)去那裡、在那裡before(adv.)以前、從前
Andrew: Yes, but the whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth.
安德魯:是啊,但整個經驗 left a bad taste in my mouth。
whole(adj.)全部的、整體的experience(n.)經驗
Fiona: Really? So the food’s bad? Everyone says it’s great!
費歐娜:真的嗎?食物很糟嗎?大家都說很棒耶!
really(excl.)真的、是嗎so(conj.)那麼food(n.)食物everyone(pron.)每個人、大家
Andrew: Well, the food was great……
安德魯:嗯,食物是很棒……
Fiona: Eh? So what went wrong?
費歐娜:嗄?那是哪裡出錯了?
wrong(adv.)錯誤地、不對go wrong出問題、不如意、失敗
Andrew: The bill was twice as much as it should have been.
安德魯:帳單幾乎是它當時應該收取的價格的兩倍!
bill(n.)帳單twice(adv.)兩倍as much as幾乎should(aux.)應該
Fiona: So when you said it left a bad taste in your mouth, you mean that you felt angry about your experience there. If that’s the case, let’s go to this amazing tofu place instead.
費歐娜:所以當你說it leaves a bad taste in your mouth時,你意思是你對於在那裡的經驗感到生氣。如果這樣的話,我們去這間很棒的豆腐店吧!
when(conj.)當…時mean(v.)意思是feel(v.)覺得、感到angry(adj.)生氣的、憤怒的if(conj.)如果、假如case(n.)案例let(v.)讓amazing(adj.)極好的place(n.)地方、場所instead(adv.)作為替代
Andrew: You promise that I’ll leave the place happy and satisfied, and that they won’t rip us off?
安德魯:你保證我會高興又滿足的離開那裡,他們不會敲我們竹槓嗎?
promise(v.)承諾、答應、保證leave(v.)離開satisfied(adj.)滿意的、滿足的rip sb. off訛詐、敲竹槓
Fiona: I promise!
費歐娜:我保證!