
夏天快到了!
Gina and Marc are at a coffee shop. It’s a very hot day.
吉娜和馬克在咖啡店聊天。今天天氣非常熱。
boiling hot非常熱的scorching hot(烈日曝曬)很熱的
Gina: Wow, it’s really hot today.
吉娜:哇,今天真的好熱。
Marc: Yeah… summer is coming soon.
馬克:對啊⋯⋯夏天很快就到了。
Gina: Do you want to go to the beach this summer?
吉娜:你今年夏天想去海邊嗎?
want to想要
Marc: Yes, I do. I like the beach… but I can’t swim.
馬克:想啊。我喜歡海邊⋯⋯但我不會游泳。
be able to VR有能力做
Gina: Oh really? Why not?
吉娜:真的嗎?為什麼不會?
Why not?為什麼不呢?
Marc: I never learned.
馬克:我以前沒有學過。
learn(v.)學習learn from…從~學到
Gina: Hmm… do you want to learn now?
吉娜:嗯⋯⋯你現在想學嗎?
Marc: Yeah, I do. I want to take swimming lessons.
馬克:想!我想上游泳課。
take courses上課
Gina: Nice! My brother is a swimming coach.
吉娜:太好了!我哥哥是游泳教練。
coach(n.)教練
Marc: Oh, cool! Is he good?
馬克:喔,酷!他很厲害嗎?
Gina: Yeah, he’s very nice. It’s easy to learn with him.
吉娜:對,他很親切,跟他學很容易。
Marc: That’s good. I’m a little nervous though.
馬克:那很好,不過我有點緊張。
a little一點點=a bitnervous(adj.)緊張的though(adv.)不過
Gina: Don’t worry. It’s not hard.
吉娜:別擔心,不難的。
worry about+N./V-ing擔心~
Marc: Okay… maybe I can try.
馬克:好吧⋯⋯我可以試試看。
give it a try試試看=give it a shot/give it a go
Gina: I can give you his number.
吉娜:我可以給你他的電話。
Marc: Thanks! I’ll call him today.
馬克:謝謝!我今天就打給他。
call back回撥call sb. up打電話給某人
Gina: Great. We can go to the pool together in June.
吉娜:太好了,我們六月可以一起去游泳池。
pool(n.)游泳池
Marc: Sounds good!
馬克:聽起來不錯!