
影響信用評分與紀錄
Henry gets a letter which is addressed to his flatmate, Laurie.
亨利收到一封註明給室友蘿莉的信。
flat(n.)一層公寓房間flatmate(n.)室友
Henry: Hey, here’s a letter for you.
亨利:嘿,有妳的信。
Laurie: What is it? A late payment letter?
蘿莉:這是什麼?催繳通知?
payment(n.)支付、付款
Henry: Did you miss your credit card payment last month?
亨利:妳上個月是不是沒繳卡費?
miss(v.)錯過credit card=信用卡
Laurie: Ah… I did. I was tight on money last month. My checking account didn’t have enough of a balance to cover the payment.
蘿莉:啊⋯⋯對啊。上個月手頭緊,支票帳戶裡的餘額不足,繳不出卡費。
tight on money=手頭緊(short of money)balance(n.)收支、結餘cover(v.)支付
Henry: What does the letter say?
亨利:信中寫了什麼?
Laurie: It says a late fee of $30 will be added to my outstanding payment.
蘿莉:信上寫到剩餘款項會多加一筆30元的滯納金。
add(v.)增添、加進will be p.p.=未來式的被動語態outstanding(adj.)剩餘的
Henry: Is there a grace period before the late fee is charged?
亨利:徵收滯納金前有沒有寬限期?
grace period=寬限期charge(v.)索費
Laurie: Look, right here. If I make the payment within 10 days, the fee will be waived.
蘿莉:看這裡。如果在十天內繳款,便可免繳滯納金。
within=在... 範圍內waive(v.)免除
Henry: Then you’d better settle your payment as soon as possible. You don’t want that late fee to affect your credit score and overall credit history.
亨利:那妳最好儘快繳款。妳可不想滯納金影響信用評分與整體信用紀錄。
had better=最好做某事settle(v.)支付、結算as soon as possible=儘快affect(v.)影響overall(adj.)從頭到尾、大體上
Laurie: How bad could it be?
蘿莉:那能有多糟?
Henry: You’d be considered a high credit risk. It would be hard for you to take out a loan as a bad credit score could be a sign of financial trouble.
亨利:妳將被視為高信用風險客戶,要申請貸款就很難了,因為信用評分不佳表示財務上出現困難。
consider(v.)視作、認為risk(n.)風險loan(n.)貸款sign(n.)訊號、記號financial(adj.)財政的、財務的